Editorial Workshop

For this small project we were given 2 hours to create a three page spread based on a provided topic. The Aurora Borealis was the topic for my group so we decided to use the National Geographic website for our information. Whilst searching the website we came across an article that showed you how to find the Aurora Borealis.

We decided to be as experimental as possible with this project and made sure that it was visible within our design. For the first page we used an interesting image that was created of the Aurora Borealis if it was seen as a pattern, we used this as our background and placed the text so that it looked like it was fading on top of the image. We also played around with the hierarchy, making the most important words stand out with a bigger text. We also decided to place tracing paper on top of the second page to give the idea that the Aurora Borealis is not always visible.

Even though our design was rushed in the time given, we were given some positive feedback. We were told, that there is parts of brilliance in the piece but also that some of the pages didn’t work together effectively. We were told that some of the styles made the text hard to read and hard to follow.

This project has definitely helped me and given me a better idea for what techniques I should be using In my new project. I have learnt that it is important to be experimental however I need to make sure that you are able to follow the text and that each page is consistent.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s